Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just a couple more tidbits about retreat....

I am still riding high on all the fun, good times had at my retreat; and I did want to mention a couple more things.  One of which was the little sewing caddy that my friend, Eve, made.  In fact, she made one for every single one of us at retreat and I believe there were something like 26 of us there.  Each person got to pick one that we wanted ....except me.  She said that when she went through her stash to makes these, she saw the animal print fabric, she thought of me and that one was given to me before everyone else got to choose.  You know....I would have picked this one for sure anyways. LOL. 



I am sure many of you have seen these made up before.  They hold a mini cutting board, small square ruler, rotary cutter,  marking pens, scissors, etc.  They are great for taking along for small projects. 

Also, I don't think I showed the totally completed Zen quilt.  Another thing I didn't mention was that I was making this for someone that I had in mind that needed a little "wild" in her life (thus the leopard print fabric in there).  She is a very contemporary gal and when I had seen this quilt, I thought of her.  So here is the completed front and the great fabric I found for the backing of this quilt.  I just love it and hope the recipient loved it as well. 


I made this quilt for my friend and roommate of most of our retreats, Sandy. Here she is all snuggled up with "her" quilt.  By the way, she slept under it every night at the retreat, too.



You can see more of Sandy and her quilting projects and family on her blog....


Well, I was going to make this my last blog thread on the retreat, but I am still waiting for one of the gals to post  our group picture.  When I get that, I will post it and then I will move onto my next project.

Happy Father's Day to all the great dad's out there.  Hope you day was great. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great "roomie" gift! It's lovely. Sometimes it's our quilty friends who get us to step outside our box, looks like you made a great choice in the fabrics for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is perfect for her home too!! What a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...