Skip to main content

Finally Up-To-Date.....

Number 5 block is done!  Yeah! ...and double "yeah" because there was red in this block.

I didn't start this BOM until there were three blocks offered up as free and as I started my first one, #4 showed up.  Well, I was sure I would never get caught up.  In actuality, as one block was offered, it was only to be available for one month and by the time the next month's block was up, the first block would be locked out as free and then you would have to purchase it.  So, how lucky was I that 1-3 were still free when I came upon this BOM?  As soon as block #4 showed up, then 1-3 were locked out. 

Anyways, I have been working like a dog to get these caught up so that I wouldn't fall too far behind and just possibly lose interest (although I am loving these blocks so much right now that I can't imagine losing interest).  So, I finished block #4 one day AFTER #5 was offered up.  Since this basket block was done in seven days, if I can keep this up, I don't think I will fall behind.  Now if I can only keep this up through 25 blocks AND a very leafy border with a bushel of berries to applique. 

So, here are all five blocks together on my design wall.  I think they are going to look great (at least in my mind's eye). 

This is going to be one BIG quilt (each are 17") and won't fit on my design wall for very long, but it sure is fun to just get an idea on how it is starting to look.

So, I now have until the 10th of March before #6 comes along.  I am hoping to get to some of my UFO's and get something totally completed there.  Since Beyond the Cherry Trees Album Quilt is going to take a while to complete, I need some satisfaction of getting a few other things done in the meantime.

So, please check back occasionally to see the progress of the "Cherry Trees".  I know I am axious to see its progress. 


  1. The varity of backgrounds is such a great touch!

  2. Wow...stunning blocks!! I just love those who can applique so beautifully.

  3. Looks great, Faye! I'm looking forward to doing a few of those blocks....maybe I can just pick out just my 4 favorites????
    Keep up the great work.

  4. Gorgeous blocks!!! I will watch your progress for sure.

  5. I just printed block 5 but I haven't made any yet. I LOVE your choices,

  6. Hi, Are the blocks appliqued by needleturn? They are beautiful. sandra

  7. Thank you ladies. Yes, the blocks are all needle turned. I will be starting block #6 in the next day or two. I am really anxious.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checkerboard quilt

One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017.

I got this pattern from a blog called The Painted Quilt .  If you go to her blog and  under the free patterns go to "Stopped Me In My Tracks" quilt,  you can have the pattern, too.  
I did get this one quilted today using the Easy Peasy Baptist Fan pantograph.

Personally, I wish I owned the Circle Lord  mechanism that I could attach to my Millenium that would have given me "perfect" arcs, but once I finished the whole quilt, I am pretty pleased with the end results.  
I had purchased a big gingham check in yellow and white for the backing.

It's not a perfect match to the front which is done in Kona daffodil and a creamy white, but the whole quilt speaks Spring/Summer, warmth, brightness to me; and here in Michigan with our sub zero weather right now, that sounds really good to me.  
Anyways, I am hoping to get the binding attached tomorrow (New Year's Eve…

Disappearing Hourglass

This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake.  I did some research on-line looking for something to make with a layer cake.
I have discussed the whole process of making the disappearing hourglass here.
A couple fabrics were added to get enough blocks to get my 6 x 7 blocks and then I ordered another April Cornell fabric for the main border.
I added a small white border to finish off the outside of the blocks.

Then the deep periwinkle fabric was used for the outer border and one of the blocks, too. 

The top is complete.

A green dot fabric was purchased for the backing.

I put it on the longarm and I used another new-to-me panto called Venice.

It looks great on the fabric, too.  

Binding is the same as the final border.
The quilt is complete, binding and all.

Another finish.....yeah!!!

First project for 2018 is complete.....

Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so.
The first one completed is my yellow checkerboard quilt. The binding was machine stitched on the day before surgery with the idea that I would hand stitch it down after.  
So, here is #1 for 2018.

Not much yellow thread to spare, but sure glad I had yellow at all.  
There are a couple knit projects to work on; and if I feel like sitting in front of the sewing machine, I have some blocks that need to be put into a top, but we will see.
For now, I am healing and just glad there are things to keep me occupied if the need arises. 

Happy Quilting!