Saturday, December 5, 2009

Get togethers and wool.....

My mini group and I met yesterday for our monthly meeting and gift exchange.







These are the packages that I had ready for them. I just fell in love with these beautiful papers. I would have loved to have fabric to match both of them.

But to my dismay, we were having so much fun, eating, chatting, doing show-n-tell, and opening presents that I did not take one more picture even though the camera was sitting on the table in the middle of us the whole time.


I have to say though that I got many great gifts and enjoyed being with my friends for the afternoon. Oh, by the way, I gave my friends, Nancy and Sharon, the bendy light that fits on your machine. I have one and love it.


Now ....onto my next project. I almost hate to share it with you because I am such a slug at getting things completed, but then maybe with my putting it out there, I will feel obligated to have a "finish" so that I can go onto the next thing in blogland.


I am starting a wool project. I have never done one, but I am so in love with the folksy, dark wool, primitive look and I was looking for something to do that was handwork. I had purchased this kit from Quilts Plus in Indianapolis on my way down to St. Louis this summer for a retreat and now that it is getting cold outside, this just seemed the time to get it out.





I have it all cut out and thanks to another friend, Sheila, who gave me a quick tutorial on how to start and stop the hand buttonhole stitch AND helped me out by letting me go through her "two tubs of wool" for some green as the kit was short green wool for the stems, I now have it all cut out and ready to get it started.





The funny thing (I don't know if you know how expensive wool is and that many times you buy it by the ounce!!!!) is that I have saved EVERYTHING ...or almost everything in the scrap department. You never know when you might just need a little leaf or little berry and that is why you save ALL your scraps when it comes to wool. This pile of scraps is the kind of stuff I would have thrown out if I were just quilting. Oh well!!!





Ok, I have committed myself. I am going to get busy on this project. I AM anxious to get it done, so with the incentive of wanting it and having "said" that I am going to get busy on it, I hope to show you a "finished" project real soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on this project. You may love working with wool so much that you never go back to cottons.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the progress on this project. You may fall in love working with wool and never want to go back to cottons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you manage to get so much done with all the responsibilites you have right now. You are are real inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun project. I have a
    quilting friend who is addicted to making
    penny rugs - it's like 'bet you can't make
    just one.'

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...