Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Strawberry Margarita....




Finally got something totally done to show. This quilt was made with the fabric line called "Strawberries and Lemonade"and reminds me of Summer fun and a cool and refreshing Summer drink, thus the name, Strawberry Margarita.





The back was made with two color ways of the strawberries and I used what looks like a "zipper method" to put the two colors together. Also, to avoid having to do a binding on a zig zaggy edge, I added a straight border of the pink and red dots. I used the same fabric for the binding.


This quilt came about when I won a tower of fat quarters while at a retreat in St. Louis, MO in June of 2008. I will be attending this same retreat next month and wanted to have this tower made up in a quilt to show off at our next show-n-tell. The pattern is called "Merry-go-Round" and it is an American Jane pattern measuring approximately 65 x 85". I used up almost every square inch of this tower. What few scraps were left over, I hope to get a small baby quilt made.



Speaking of this quilt retreat, I have to mention that it is made up of a great bunch of gals that all came together on a chat at Alex Anderson's website. A few years ago, some of the gals starting meeting for a retreat in the "middle" of the United States. Thus the name RIM (retreat in the middle). I did not attend the first get together, but I have been to all the other ones since and have made some great friends from Maine to California. I believe I have been to four of these retreats and hope to go to many, many more.

Anyways, my "Strawberry Margarita" is the first of the four quilts that I just got back from the quilter, so you will be seeing some more quilts very soon.
Thanks for looking in! Oh....by the way Gail...did this one first for you!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Mimi! LOL - glad I could help you out by insisting you finish this one first. It's absolutely lovely, so spring-like as well. What a cool idea to join your backing like that - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Chickie! You do nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...