Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What would you think?

It's been a very hectic existence around here lately, but whenever I have had a spare moment, I sit and pick up my needles and try to make some progress on some of my knitting.


There is one problem though...and maybe it is my own compulsive fault....since I can't just work on "one" project at a time, but if you bought yarn (4 skeins at that!) and they were all the same yarn, same dye lot, same everything....as you will see by the two labels here....you would expect your project to "look" right......right?






Well, because I am jumping from project to project, purse, to sock, to sweater, to a quilt project, back to another sock and then again to the other side of my sweater, I didn't notice THIS until I put the sweater front and back side by side.





So what would you think?

I have two more skeins and I think I am going to have to do a sample from each to see what "look" I am going to get before proceeding with this sweater. I am thinking I will have to rip out the one on the left as I love the look of the one on the right......BUT just look at all that work I did and now for naught!!!! arghhhhh!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmm. Wow. What the heck?
    I don't know what to say! Crap?
    Yes, I'd knit up a sample from the other 2 balls. (Your gonna have alot left over , aren't you?)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am figuring....even though the pattern called for four skeins....that I will only get into the third, because I am up to the armpits on both sides and just have to complete the sleeves. But I just can't put these two pieces together. What a waste of my time. I am going to go back to the shop and see if they will re-ball up the back of my sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...