Saturday, January 17, 2009

Making "some" headway....

Just thought I would update you on this frigid Saturday and let you know that I am finding just a little time to work on my projects. I had to go out and buy plastic tubing for my soon-to-be felted purse for the handles. I now have one handle with the tubing inserted. Who would have thought you could do this! I can't wait to see how it felts on this.


Also, I have been waiting patiently (or should I say impatiently) to post a picture of the service banner that I made for a friend's Christmas present. I know, I know....it is the middle of January and I am still waiting to give it to her, but work, life and vacations have kept us apart and now that she will be coming home from her vacation this weekend, I am hoping to give it to her this coming week. It is for her to let the world know that her daughter, Megan, who has joined the Coast Guard. They are very proud of her (although somewhat worried). I, too, am proud to know someone that has joined in our troubled times. By the way, the plastic sleeves are still on the tassels so they don't muss up until she gets it home and hung in her window.



Also, on my "headway" list, I have another Hearts and Hands block prepped, made the backing for a 60" sampler quilt, started piecing another backing for the Strawberries and Lemonade quilt, cut batting for a shop hop quilt that has been done for some time and needs to get off to the quilter and am now planning a baby quilt that needs to be done for a shower next month. Also, started playing with "Ellie Faye", my new Elna. Ooooh....she sews like a dream!


Keep warm and happy quilting, knitting or whatever you are working on.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice service banner! She's gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the banner and so will she. That's a very special gift that her daughter will be proud to have one day.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...