Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby...it's cold out there!!!!

We had several inches of snow fall most of yesterday and last night and the weatherman says we can expect temperatures only in the teens all this week. So glad that I got my fingerless gloves done last night. I will most likely be using them this week. This was a super simple pattern that I got from my friend, Sharon.

If you are interested in the pattern, it was #7 needles, cast on 38 stitches, K2, P2 in row 1 and P2, K2 in row 2 and continue for 7". Cast off and then stitch together top 1" and bottom 3" and that's it. I think I will try something a little more difficult next time (did I say next time?... good thing I don't have any yarn for "next time" right now); but for now I need to finish my felted purse and get busy on those darn socks.

Well if you live anywhere in the Michigan area....keep warm this week.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You and S are really turning out these gloves. I would love to make some--Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these fingerless mittens - made a pair before Christmas and was thrilled with the way they turned out. I used this pattern:

    http://www.knittingatknoon.com/fingerlessmittenpatt.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love an immediate gratification project?
    Check out Knitty and Ravelry and Purl for some new ideas. You'll stay busy all winter.
    Nice job, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...