Monday, January 26, 2009

All thumbs....

Well, it really hurt to tear out my "gauge" on the sock yarn. It was a 4" x 4" gauge and with only #2 size needles, ....that's a lot of knitting to have to tear out. I know it is a good thing, but it still hurt.

Now I have to tell you that I haven't made socks in eons. In fact it has probaby been 30 years since I made Santa stockings for my kids. I've never done any for myself to "wear"!

So, I am feeling like I am all thumbs here.



Have it under a little more control here.


Starting to look like something here, but still feeling a little like I am all thumbs. Hopefully it will get better the longer the sock gets. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Hope I like it enough to make the other sock!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are better than me and get both made. I made at least three socks but never the second mate to them. At least one pair was for DH. DH said he guessed I should have married a one leg man to be able to wear them. Still sitting in the drawer with the yarn. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...