Thursday, January 8, 2009

3 down, 114 to go.....

Oh, I shouldn't have put it that way! At this rate this quilt is going to take me until 2020 to complete; but I thought I would share the next couple blocks that I have completed. Of course, they will have to be cut into circles, but for now and for their protection, I am leaving them square. This is going to be my "caf'e au lait" quilt....creams, browns and blacks.



Ha! Just looked at the pattern and noticed I made one of my blocks wrong. That's what I get for not referring to the pattern. Oh well, I guess you can call it a "design decision", because I am not going to change it now!

Also, thought I would show you the progress on my felted purse (actually, to be felted). The ruffle is on and the next step is the cocoa colored handles. I have to purchase some tubing that will make the handles firm, so hope to do that this weekend.





Hey...I seem to have a cream and brown thing going here! Hmmmm......

3 comments:

  1. I don't know which block is incorrect, but they all look wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm wondering why, of the 4 Quilties, I am the only one who Does Not have this pattern???
    It looks so darn fun. I might have to cave in and break my No Buying Pledge!
    They are beautiful, and I like that fact that you created an origional block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purse. Can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...