Saturday, January 3, 2009

Is this A.D.H.D.?

I have applique blocks going for the Hearts and Hands quilt. I just received an order in the mail for fabric for the borders for my Strawberries and Lemonade ...Merry Go Round quilt AND backing. Also, in the mail was backing fabric for a sampler top that is ready to be sandwiched. (Of course, this doesn't even include the numerous UFO's that are piled up in my sewing room. )Then...what do I do?, but spend my Christmas money on yarn.



I had started this felted wool purse with yarn that I purchased at a Sheep and Wool festival a year ago. The yarn was made from their sheep. I believe this particular wool was from a "Jacob" and it is a tweed. I am using the circle needles that I inherited from my mother, but of course, they only go up to #15, so I needed to buy #17 to make the ruffle. For the ruffle, I bought some ivory Cascade that will be knitted together with Kidsilk. Then I had to buy Sheperd's wool for the handle in a rich brown.



But if that wasn't enough, I have been wanting to try my hand at socks, so I found this free pattern by Regia and bought a couple skeins of Kaffe Fassett yarn that will make up like the sock on the left. Isn't it wonderful that he designs material for quilting and yarn for knitting, too?!!



Also, rolling around in my head is that I want to make fingerless gloves. My friend, Sharon, gave me hand written instructions on how to do this, but I forgot the weight of yarn that I needed otherwise, I would have bought that, too.


Oh well, with the way my week has gone, I may not get to any of these.


Hope you are all getting to the projects that are rolling around in your heads for the new year. By the way....Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the sock yarn.........as well as the purse yarns. I have been remiss in keeping up with your blog....just have to say that I'm loving the peek into your sewing/knitting room. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...