Sunday, April 3, 2022

Graduations are coming up.....

This is the start of graduation quilts.  

Sherry told me she started this one for her niece for her high school graduation, but hey!....she is just happy that now it is done for her college graduation.  At least it is quilted.  All she has to do now is put the binding on.  I am sure she will see it through now.

I don't know what the name of the quilt is, but it is modern and the plum variations are lovely.  


The backing was a silvery gray, so I chose a medium gray So Fine thread to quilt this.  Some of the variations of the plums on the top almost looked like they were gray, so this seemed like a good choice.  

The customer chose to have something curvy, so I went with the Raindrops pantograph.  There was just enough coverage to catch all the seams, was simple enough and didn't detract from the quilt top.  


I think it turned out pretty good.  So far the customer has seen it on her phone and loved it, but in person, I think she will be overjoyed.  


Addendum:  Pattern is called Simple Simon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...