Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Two is Never Enough......Knit Sacks and more

 In my previous post showing the Davenport Knit Sacks that I made, I mentioned that the closures came four to a  pack.  With no plan on using those closures for anything else, I decided to make two more Knit Sacks.  Remember, this is a free pattern from Jittery Wings Quilt Co. 

Again, I used scraps from my stash to make these two bags.


Each are lined in different fabric.


Since I was in the de-stash mode, when I had a friend ask me to make a couple (?) field corn microwaveable bags (like the rice bags), I said I would use my  scraps from my stash.  Well, nine bags later......

She had to buy a 50 lb bag of feed and clean it.  So I just asked for enough field corn to make one for myself.  10"x12" finished


I made a muslin or light fabric liner to hold the corn and then a pretty fabric for the outer casing which if it  needs to be washed, can be removed and washed alone.  

Here are the last four of hers along with the liners.  They just need to be filled and I will sew them closed.  

Here's my finished one.  


Just put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes om high and enjoy the warmth.  That lasted a couple of hours for me today.  

That's it for the heated bags though, I hope.  I need to move on to other things.  
Thanks for stopping by and looking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...