Monday, June 13, 2022

On an Obsessive Roll.....

Hand knit dish rags are my favorites.  Just the other day one of my two dish rags bit the dust.  It had such a run in it that it really wasn't doing the job it was meant to do. So.....I thought I would use up some scrap cotton yarn that I had lying around.  Kill two birds with one stone here.  Destash and get a new dish rag.

Well, this is as far as I got with my leftovers.  


So, I figured I'd have to go out and pick up another skein so that I could compete the second one and maybe make one more. 

Well, Joann's had Sugar and Cream on sale!


What was I thinking?  I was supposed to be destashing!

Finished #2 with a variegated pink and then picked up the variegated blue.



Then I made a tangerine one which I think will go well with my kitchen. 


Now a taupe one!


.....and I am now starting #6.  



I am sure I will get two dish rags per skein with some left overs, but it was never my intent in the beginning to go crazy and make so many dish rags.  

Of course, I have had the itch to do some mindless knitting because I am procrastinating on a sweater that I started.  That sweater requires some thinking as you knit a bit and then get the crochet hook out to make baubles.  I just haven't felt like thinking that hard right now.  

I will probably make one more blue variegated one and then set these aside.  I do have to weave in all the ends.   There will always be another day when I want to do some more mindless knitting and I will have plenty of cotton yarn to make more dish rags.

 Then again, I had better get back to that sweater because I am just not one of those to have numerous knitting projects going at the same time.....not like my quilting projects.  We won't go into that though.  

Well, I should be set for awhile.  

Happy crafting!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...