Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Pulling from charity stash

Being Charity Chairman for the guild, I have access to ALL the charity fabric stash.  I found a free pattern for this simple quilt and decided to pull some fabric that would work.  

The only thing I would have done different with this quilt is to not use fusible on the back of the whole heart.  I have problems with that gunking up my needle on my domestic machine and then found out that I had the same problem once  quilting it on the long arm.  

All-in-all this turned out to be a sweet quilt


The only solution I found for my needle was to wipe it down with alcohol; otherwise, my thread would keep breaking.  

I used the "Cupid" pantograph for this quilt.   You know....hearts.  



Cream Glide thread  on top and cream Filtec bobbins.  

This worked up pretty quick after the last couple quilts I have done, mostly because it was a small baby quilt. Another one off the "to-be-quilted" pile and onto the "needs binding" pile.  Thank goodness I am really good about cutting bindings when I cut out my quilts.  



When I get into the mood for putting bindings on, I will be spending a few evenings in a row doing my hand stitching.  

This  will be another charity quilt added to the pile since no one is accepting donations at this time.  Guess we will have to wait for things to settle down Covid-wise before I can deliver the numerous quilts that have accumulated from the guild members

My next few quilts are all custom, so they will take some time to complete and I have a commissioned quilt coming my way very soon. I'm trying to get as much done around here before that happens.  
Stay tuned.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...