Sunday, April 19, 2020

Plugging along.....

I can happily say that all the papers are removed from my Thimbleberries Big Blocks quilt top; and I am waiting for the fabric that I ordered from a western Michigan shop called Northern Hearth to arrive on my doorstep.



By the way, this shop is hurting badly from the quarantine that we are going through and if you are interested in finding some good fabrics on sale, or otherwise, it would be very helpful in getting  her  through this time of being "non-essential".  She doesn't feel non-essential; and this is her livelihood.

Anyways, if you want to check out her site, just click here.

On another note......I needed to get a hold of some Insul-Brite so that I could finish a gift that I was making for a friend.  So, I ordered from one of my favorite quilt shops that my friends and I came across this past summer.....Seven Sisters Quilt Shop.  This shop is right up there in my top five (actually, my favorite....just wish it was closer to me)

I used the Insul-Brite for a dimensional hot pad and along with it I made some dimensional coasters,  too.


I, also, get a weekly e-mail from the shop and one of them showed this beautiful, but simple, quilt and it just made my heart sing.  So.....I ordered the kit of fabric.

The line of fabric is Bonnie and Camille's At Home.


This is all I have left after cutting out my quilt.

I was sent 20 different fabrics already cut at 10" x width of fabric.  All I needed to do was cut them into 10" squares which would result in 80 blocks.

All you need to do is  take a light and a dark and cut them like this, do some switching  and make two opposite colored blocks.


Here's a few up on the design wall.  



All 80 blocks are made and once I get a layout, I will be putting this one together.  It looks Christmas-y, but it could pass for just a red and green quilt.  There is only one fabric in there that looks like a modern take on a poinsettia.  

Once I get an exact measurement on this one, I will be ordering a backing and binding and  then I will have another quilt done.

What's next on the agenda?  I am still working on my knitted cocoon (starting the sleeves next); and I have already pulled another quilt kit out (Laura Heine kit).  

During quarantine, I plan on making some progress.  

Stay safe and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...