Sunday, January 19, 2020

Instead of quilting.......

I took a week off from quilting because I have been obsessed with knitting right now.  I find that once I pick up the needles, I can't  don't put them down until my project is done especially when I think I may run out of a particular yarn.

There was this pretty shawl I saw on Instagram and I just had to have it.  So I ordered my pattern from Ravelry called Woodland Journey and my yarn kit from Miss Babs Hand Dyed Yarns.




These are mini skeins.  Upon reading up on reviews of the shawl on Ravelry, it was stated that if you didn't do gauge, you could easily run out of the last three colors of the shawl.  So.....I thought I had better get to it and get this finished quickly in case I needed to order more yarn as that's the way things usually go for me.   I did do gauge and had to go down a needle size for starters.

Here are colors #1 and #2


Then there is # 3 and # 4 added (had plenty of #4 but I was sweating it).



Color #5 (still had enough) and adding #6.  Now #6 is the one that really had me worried. I almost ordered an extra skein before I even finished it. 


But!  You know what?  I made it with less than 24" of red yarn to spare after weaving in loose ends.


That's cutting it soooo close.  Closer than I ever want to go again.

I blocked it last night. along with my cashmere Cat Love Hat.


Just love the chevron's that show up between each color.


All done just in time for us to live in a "snow globe".  The weather has really taken a turn for the worse.  



But I have to say that this shawl has kept me nice and cozy warm.  

As bad as the weather is though, there is always a bright spot to it.  We saw this adorable snow carving in my grandson's neighborhood today.


How can you not smile when you see something like this?  

Ok.....now it's time to get to other crafts that are waiting for me, like quilting, prepping some more charity projects.....but there is another sweater that the skeins are already wound for. I may just have the knitting bug right now especially with all this cold weather.  We'll see where I end up.






1 comment:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...