Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Retreat time.

It's been a busy time for me what with being charity chairman for the guild this year for the first time with  my committee and me  trying to get kits ready for our charity sew-in in just a few days.  There have been customer quilts to quilt; a commissioned quilt that is in progress and running the house. 

Well, I attended my day-time quilt guild's Fall retreat from Monday-Wednesday and thought I would devote all the time to just my projects.  I needed some "me" time.  I did finally get my "plus" quilt aka Comfort Quilt made into a top, but there were still some charity questions and problems to solve while at the retreat.  Oh well.  


Can't tell you how excited I am to get this UFO out of the pile.  It's been in the pile so long that I think I used the backing that I bought for it so will have to buy another one before I can quilt it.  That's ok.  I am just happy.

Another little project that I wanted to get made was this little zipper bag  where the fabric is me-made by a kind of  flip and quilt method.  It is fully lined, has zipper tabs and I think a great fabric line to complement it.  


I will add a little bling to the zipper pull later. 


Here's the oppose side.  



Here's the inside.




I did start making some more me-made fabric for another one, but ran out of time (retreat was way too short this time).



Can't wait to find the time to put this one together.  It will be a little larger and I think so pretty, too. 

While I was gone, a long awaited order for some yarn from Canada came in the mail.  I have this pattern that I have been wanting to make and Julie Asselin Yarns dyed yarn per my order.  It is so pretty.  The color is called Bisous which is Kisses in English.  Now when am I going to find the time to sit and knit?  Soon, I hope.


Well, before I hit the hay tonight, I have filled my obligations for some of my at retreat requests for charity.  Tomorrow I will get to the rest of the requests; and then get to the list of things I need done before Charity Sew-in Day.  I can see there will be no rest until that day is over.  It'll be fun though.....it's just all the prep beforehand that is stressing me a bit.  

Have a great week doing something you like.







1 comment:

  1. Good that you can get some retreat time and accomplish some of your own projects! Have fun - am also at a week long retreat in the Northwoods - always good times!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...