Saturday, October 12, 2019

Prepping second commissioned quilt


The next commissioned quilt is Feathers.  


Thankfully this is all paper pieced (maybe not if you don't like to paper piece).  So I hope that means that this will come together quickly.

My customer is not a quilter, so I had her pick out some pieces of fabric  that she really liked to incorporate into the feathers and hopefully the rest of the colors/fabrics can come from my stash.
This is what she came up for each row of feathers.


All the pattern pieces are printed and separated into their respective rows.


I made a point of getting all the background (navy) cut out before the customer came over to pick out more feather fabrics from my stash.


As soon as the feather fabrics are chosen,  I am ready to roll on this one.  

Here I am a day later.  Janelle stopped by to take a look at the fabrics and decide on their placement AND we decided to run to the quilt shop to pick up a few more  green and reds to fill in. 

Here's the final layout/order.


and here are the extras


Started this on October 6 and was about ready to throw in the towel.

Not only did I cut off my work once,...


....twice; and I won't admit  to how many more times I did it.


Ugh!  You really have to get in the groove when it comes to paper piecing.... thinking backwards helps., but I did get the first strip done.


Nine more to go.  I sure hope my piecing improves.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....this is quite a interesting pattern and looks like you will be very busy for a bit. Like the design and can't wait to see it all put together.....have fun with your rows ;)))

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...