Thursday, September 19, 2019

Charity quilts quilted.....(2)

Today I not only got all the laundry done, but two of the charity quilts that have been sitting here waiting to be quilted are on and off the long arm.  What a good feeling!

First one up was this kit that really didn't have any instructions in it and had so much more fabric than needed.  I pared it down to fabrics that went together and came up with this design.   I meandered the quilt using a tangerine colored So-Fine thread.  No sense in getting really fancy with the quilting on this one since it is already so busy.  



The backing is a Disney fabric.



Such a fun quilt.  I think some child is really going to love it. 

Up next is a kit I put together from the fabrics that are in the "charity closet".  Nancy came up with the idea of throwing in some checks with this big floral print and I think it turned out just perfect.  


I used the Denise's Rosebuds pantograph and a dusty pink thread (So Fine) to quilt this one. 



Since we didn't have a great fabric for a backing, I purchased this one to go with this quilt top.  


Getting two done in a day (40x50 each) I feel energized and ready to put a couple more on that I have.  After that, I have some personal quilts that need getting to; but for now, I am pretty happy with the progress made today.  

Of course, there is still the binding to tackle, but I like doing bindings, so I don't foresee that as a problem.  



1 comment:

  1. That dear quilt with its bright and cheery colors sure makes a person smile...with our constant rain, fog and heavy gray clouds it definitely brought lightness to the day! Love the checks and floral together too.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...