Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Stripology Ruler

Since making all my first cuts for the Good'n'Plenty quilt on my Accuquilt cutter which was easy peasy and fast, my next step was to cut my strips down to 4 1/2" rectangles.  Well, I don't have a die for that, so I got out my Stripology Ruler that I bought at a  Gudrun Erla trunk show.  I thought I would show you how easy her ruler is to use.  

NO MATH REQUIRED!!!

First I laid out my strips.  Layered them, too.


Butted them up to make one piece of fabric.


Laid my Stripology ruler on the fabric.  It's grippy, so no slipping of the fabric.


See the dots  and stars?  That is why you don't need math.  You just need to cut at the measurement you want and then go to the next .....in my case, next star.....and make your cuts.  So easy. 


The left cut is the selvedge and the right cut is the fold.  Each of those piles contain four rectangles.


Then I opened my folded edges and made another two cuts to make some more 4 1/2" rectangles.  The Accuquilt cutter cuts strips so well that there are no "bumps" in the road when it comes to your folds.  


Hardly any waste and it was quick using this ruler.


My quilt is ready to be pieced.  

I think next to the Accuquilt cutter, this is the best purchase I have made in a long time....the Stripology Ruler.  Grips the fabric, easy to follow numbers and markings and it is thicker than anything else on the market that cuts strips keeping your cutting lines nice and straight.   

Now to get ready for Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...