Friday, December 29, 2017

Oh! I forgot.

I forgot to share with you the Christmas sewing that was being kept secret until after everyone opened their presents.

I made 14 of the soup bowl cozies.

Peaches,  the cockatiel (who's almost 22 years old),  helped pick out the fabrics.


But then he started to fool around, so I had to put him away. 


I thought I would really be smart and chain piece these things together, but if you aren't paying attention, you can sew the wrong angle and then things won't fit right. (notice the right dart on this one...way too steep).


Since I had already trimmed that one, I had to make another section.  

It's supposed to look like this.



The pattern I used is this one.

Here they all are with right sides together.  I had quite the production line going.  


I chose fabrics from my stash, but fabrics that I thought would fit each person's personality.

Bugs for the youngest grandsons.


Red and aqua for one daughter.


Bright red and aqua for another one.


A funky print for a teenager.


Pigs for a grandson who loves pigs.  


Some pretty coordinating fabrics just because.



Each family member got one along with a soup mix for each family.  

Here's a stack of the majority of the reversible cozies.


There's an orange one in there for my daughter-in-law who loves orange  and the guys got navy and red ones.  

I was, also, told these work great for ice cream bowls so you don't freeze your fingers off.  

I just know that I have one and I have loved it, so I hope they enjoy theirs.  


2 comments:

  1. Did Peaches do that himself, or were you playing with him? ;-)

    Thanks for the link. I knew about these bowls, but didn't have specifications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream bowls! Now you're talking! I bet everyone loved their gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...