Thursday, December 28, 2017

Just couldn't walk away......

 My Accuquilt die cutter  was calling my name back on the 19th of this month, so I cut out my Good'n'Plenty quilt.  

On the 21st, I just had to try a few of the blocks.   So, I chose fabrics that I thought looked good together and made 20 blocks.  Now mind you.....I was supposed to be getting ready for Christmas Eve dinner here at my house for 15 people.  

 

Well, today (the 28th) I walked into my sewing room to do something and thought....well, maybe I will just put a few more together and thought I needed a system on how to pair up fabrics.  I tried out my method and then I had 48 blocks made.  I never did do what I went into the sewing room for originally.


I realized that sewing the blocks together were going so well IF I had them all paired up, so I thought before I ended the day, I would pair up the remaining 32 blocks.  (my system is out the window now, so I just paired up fabrics that I liked in pairs again).


So....I ate dinner  and then back to the sewing room to "clean up".  

Well, we know how that ended.



The last 32 blocks are made.  That's 80 blocks done. 

I am out of room on the design wall, so I guess I will be laying these blocks out on the floor, but I know that is going to take me awhile to get them down and then decide on placement.  So, just maybe I will be able to walk away from this project for a little while before the next step, but I think 60 blocks in one day is a lot accomplished.  

We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

1 comment:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...