Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Phase II of Hearts and Hands has begun.....

The first part of Phase II in making Hearts and Hands has begun.  All the circular blocks are made (Phase I) and now I am working on the background.  This is very boring.  I am cutting up yardage of bronze Cherry Wood fabrics and sewing them back together.


It seems so pointless, but the grid work that is taking place will help with the placement of the circular blocks.


All the yardage is cut to the specific requirements and sewn together in their specific segments.


The longer pieces are the borders and the square and rectangular pieces (which are many) are "pieced" together to form the grids.

This section of the pattern shows you just what and why I am doing what I am doing.


To keep it all organized, I have been clipping all my cut pieces to the design wall with my large Wonder Clips. (thank you Sharon for those)  Now, I don't know if that little hole that is on the one side of the clip is for enabling me to pin to my design wall is there for that reason, but if not, everyone should know about it because it works great!


Ok...no excuses.....I am ready to start appliqueing my circles to the background.....117 of them.  

Stay tuned.





1 comment:

  1. Interesting process to get to the point of circle applique. I am staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...