Saturday, June 17, 2017

Disappearing Hourglass

This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake.  I did some research on-line looking for something to make with a layer cake.

I have discussed the whole process of making the disappearing hourglass here.

A couple fabrics were added to get enough blocks to get my 6 x 7 blocks and then I ordered another April Cornell fabric for the main border.

I added a small white border to finish off the outside of the blocks.


Then the deep periwinkle fabric was used for the outer border and one of the blocks, too. 


The top is complete.


A green dot fabric was purchased for the backing.


I put it on the longarm and I used another new-to-me panto called Venice.


It looks great on the fabric, too.  




Binding is the same as the final border.

The quilt is complete, binding and all.


Another finish.....yeah!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a Super Darling quilt!
    Pretty fabrics, pretty pattern and lovely machine quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just keep knocking them out! Brava!

    What a cute quilt, especially from a forgotten stash. Even the backing is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. much better in prints. Plus the use of a layer cake makes them all blend well. I wanted to use stash... lesson learned! Not all scraps work for this pattern. Yours looks great Mimi! Thanks for showing me. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeeAnna....stash works. I added fabrics to my layer cake to get enough blocks. It just has to be the right fabrics from your stash. Your quilt will be loved by someone. Please finish it and give it to someone who will love it. Thank you for the compliment, too.

      Delete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...