Saturday, June 17, 2017
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research on-line looking for something to make with a layer cake.
I have discussed the whole process of making the disappearing hourglass here.
A couple fabrics were added to get enough blocks to get my 6 x 7 blocks and then I ordered another April Cornell fabric for the main border.
I added a small white border to finish off the outside of the blocks.
Then the deep periwinkle fabric was used for the outer border and one of the blocks, too.
The top is complete.
A green dot fabric was purchased for the backing.
I put it on the longarm and I used another new-to-me panto called Venice.
It looks great on the fabric, too.
Binding is the same as the final border.
The quilt is complete, binding and all.
Got myself into the sewing room to look for some fat quarters for an upcoming class I will be taking after guild this week and came across...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...