Monday, November 28, 2016

Thelma and Louise - Saga II

I have to admit that I have been procrastinating doing this post because it seemed so daunting and that is because the Houston Quilt show was so daunting!  Wow...is that place BIG!!  I thought Paducah was big but you can probably multiply this place by TEN.

Here's a selfie with my sister-in-law and myself  with a "portion" of the vendors behind us.



Here's a couple more views.




These pictures don't even show where the quilt display even started.

Where do I begin with the quilts?

Oh my!!

I know you have seen many posted on many of the blogs, but I will share a few of my favs.

There were applique quilts.


Holiday quilts


Hawaiian quilts.


Log cabins.


Whole cloths.  


Antique reproductions.


This one had 80,000 pieces!  Yes, you read that right.  This quilter has to have had a lot of patience.



Baltimore albums.



Dolls


The Lion King


Beautiful colors.


Animals



This one reminded me of my grand-dog, Maggie.


Leather quilts



Dear Janes


A whole display of "dot" quilts.  Sorry these are on their sides, but notice the second one.  Can you see the hidden word (even though it is on its side!)




I could go on forever, but I just loved how this elderly lady was stitched. Just look closely at her arms. This quilt was amazing.  


I have so many more pictures.  Just believe me that this show was fabulous and if you ever get the chance to go, it was well worth it.  

You will be taking lots of "rest periods" though.  There is a lot of walking in big crowds.


Well worth it though.

Hope you enjoyed the "small" number of quilts that I have shared with you.  

My next post will be a little bit more about our Thelma and Louise adventure.






2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've really captured some amazing quilts with your camera!
    Your trip looks totally amazing from this side of the lens! (grin)
    Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - be still my heart! Thank you for taking us along...you must be in a whirl at all the possibilities and ideas. One quilt of the many beauties you showed is the 80,000 pieces Settler's Trail.. it is a Primitive Gatherings pattern....that is the one that is on the current WIP line. The quilt on display looks huge so thinking the quilter must have added more rows plus the border. My pattern finishes to 50 x 58 I think. Heading off to count the pieces now...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...