Saturday, August 27, 2016
This quilt has been on my "list" since I quilted it and was not happy with the red quilting thread on the white backing. You can see what I had to say about that here.
This project is OLD. The blocks were won as a block lotto a few years ago and I finally decided to start finishing up some UFOs. So, the binding has been cut for some time.
I am 6 1/2 inches short!!! How can that be? I don't usually do that. I used this red fabric for all my alternate blocks, the binding on this quilt and another quilt.
Hmmmm......did I maybe use the wrong binding for the wrong quilt?
I searched high and low for any left overs and there are none; and that is probably because I am getting rid of any small pieces of fabric as I use them up in a quilt so that I can pare down my stash a bit. So, I added a piece that was a close match. Nothing like making this quilt even more undesirable for me.
Then to top it off, I was going to sew on a binding (my daughter supplied this one) to one of her quilts that I had quilted for her quite a while ago. She hadn't gotten to it, so I thought I would help out. It, too, is too small for the quilt. Thank goodness I measured it BEFORE starting to sew it on the quilt. Even though it is black....there are so many shades of black that I didn't want to add some of my fabrics, so she is hunting to see if she has anymore.
I guess I just wasn't meant to do binding today.
Ya know....it's just been one of those days today. We washed windows this morning and it has been raining all afternoon.
Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow before trying anything else.
My husband built me some shelves for the "stash" closet so that I no longer have to stack all my large Rubbermaids on top of eac...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...