Wednesday, April 13, 2016

New chapter......

Went into work this morning and these three balloons were floating in my cubicle.




....and after work today, the doctors took the whole office out to dinner.


From the doctors I received a little blue bag.....


and in that little blue bag was a little blue box....


and in that little blue box was a lovely horseshoe necklace wishing me luck on my retirement. 


But hey......


This was a sign one of the gals gave me.  I love it and I plan on living by that motto.  


I, also, received a fun wine glass and a pretty beaded bracelet along with a gift certificate for a local restaurant.  

Right now I say I am going to miss the routine that I have had for over 20 years; but mostly I am going to miss my co-workers.  So this is a happy/sad occasion. 

Then again.....I think about all the time I am going to have to quilt and that's not a bad thing either!








9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a send off. Can't wait to watch the next chapter unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement,how exciting! Lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great send off! Congrats on your new routine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! You are going to absolutely LOVE retirement! Every day is SATURDAY!! Wishing you all the best in the new life!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous Sharon says: Girl! You ARE just getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I think you'll love retirement! I loved my job and co-workers and had second thoughts about retiring. But Im loving retirement a whole lot more than I'm missing my job or co-workers. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new direction for you! Take time for yourself...when they say you will wonder how you got things done while working - so true. Did you know when a horseshoe was embroidered on a (redwork) quilt it was always placed just like your lovely necklace, so all your blessings will not fall out.
    Wishing you happy days ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just going to take some time to find your "new normal". I can't wait to be retired, even though I don't work a full time outside of the house job. I've been fixated on that for about the past 10 years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOO HOO finally you get to retire and quilt your time away! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...