Monday, April 25, 2016

Can't go to a quilt show without......

No, you can't go to a quilt show without buying something.  I don't need fabric.  In fact, I tell myself I am on a fabric diet, but if you turned in your ballot at the show, you got something off the door prize table.  So I picked up a fat quarter bundle for Christmas.  


Yes....it's going into the stash, but at least I didn't have to pay for it.  

What I did buy was this reading light that I thought might work wonders when I am stitching in the evening.  Ya know....these old eyes just aren't what they used to be.


It hangs around the neck and the lights are LED.  I am hoping to appease my DH by not having every light in the house on so that I can see at night to stitch.  We'll see how this works.  I will let you know.  If for nothing else, I can use it for reading.

Then there was this intriguing pattern with all the hardware in it.  It's a collapsible .....whatever you want it for.....threads and snippets garbage can, tool holder, notions holder, etc., etc.  All you needed to add was a fat quarter and some iron on pellon for the inside.  I bought the small one, but it comes in other sizes.  


Well, I couldn't wait.  I found some fabric in the stash and since it said it would only take an hour, I thought I would whip it together.  

Well, I don't know if it took an hour or not as DH (who is soon to be retired  and this could become a problem in the future) wanted me to go to Walmart's with him.  So, I dropped the project in the middle and came back to it an hour or two later.  Anyways, I can see getting quicker and quicker at it.  It really was simple.  

Here it is all complete.  


What's nice about it for traveling, the pop-up wire inside collapses and you can close it up for packing it up. There is an elastic loop that wraps around it and keeps it pretty flat.  


I can see making more of these.  You can find them at 


One other thing landed in my shopping bag, too.  

I tried to resist as they are really pricey, but since I won Best of Show, I made a last minute decision to treat myself; and I do mean last minute as they were already packing up their booth!  If you have ever tried DOVO scissors, you will know what I mean.  I have this thing for scissors anyways, but these were just adorable and they cut just sooooo fine!!!  They make me smile just thinking about them.  


Well, that's it for me.  I am sure if this were a bigger show that my purchases would have been a whole lot more, but I am happy with what I came home with.  Even got a quick fix on making the little pop-up container, so that was a plus.  

First retreat is coming up, so hope to get a lot accomplished at it and have lots to share with you, too.  
Have a great week!




2 comments:

  1. Those pretty scissors look like they have a wonderfully narrow & sharp tapered point - perfect for fine work like applique. Enjoy having them close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping quilt shows too - nice loot

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...