Monday, July 6, 2015

What a lovely weekend.....

The weather was great, the fireworks were beautiful, family get togethers were fun and I even had time to work on my quilts.

I made a scappy binding for my very old 9-patch UFO  and completed it.  I sewed several scraps together that I still had gathered for this quilt to make the binding and in one day I sewed it on by machine AND hand sewed it down. 


You can see several different fabrics that I used in the binding in this picture.  A picture of the whole quilt will have to wait until another time when I have extra hands to hold this queen-sized quilt up.  

Then the topper today was when I got home to a package from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I hadn't ordered anything, but this is what was inside it. 


A jelly roll called Bunny Tales. 

Well, wouldn't you know....when I bought the magazine for the pattern Babes in Farmland, there was this one other quilt in there that I thought I just had to make.  

I think this fabric will work perfectly for that. 


What do you think?

I am thinking this might just be the ticket for this quilt. 

Thank you Sandy for the nice little surprise.  

Now to decide which UFO is next...hopefully something that I can complete in a short period of time as that gives me a great deal of satisfaction....to see something completed.  

Stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. Looks perfect to me! Did Sandy know what you want to make? Anyway, I do like seeing friendships carrying on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a queen-sized UFO finish. Way to go! Can't wait to see more of it. LOVE the pattern you chose for the jelly roll. That will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...