Monday, September 2, 2013
Rushing the process.....
...is not always a good idea.
As of last night, I had nine of the 15 rows sewn together.
I was doing one block at a time (9-patch) because when I made this pattern before I did it in rows and when it was completed, it was a bit wonky even though I thought I was doing right by stitching in the opposite direction for each row.
Here is the original (baby blue) quilt top.
So, I decided to do that last six rows (although in 9-patch form) by chain piecing. Here they are all pinned and ready to be stitched.
But as dizzy-ing as these blocks are, my first attempt was not the best.
See my mistakes (yes, there are more than one!) in those two blocks up there? See how easy it is to put this together and not see it until it is done? "sigh"
So I did some ripping.
OK, now they are right.
So from there, I did chain piece, but only one block at a time.
So here is my completed top.
Now I am going to go and check to see if I have anything for a backing for both of these quilts. I am going to practice on the blue and then I am going to do the charcoal.
I'll let you see once these two are done.
Thanks for following my "process"!!!
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...