Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

"Fancy That"....

I had a sewing marathon today.
 
I cut this quilt out a week or so ago.  It's called  Fancy That.
 
Last night I laid out all the pieces to organize the colors.
 
 
Before heading off to bed, I pinned a few of the pieces together along with using my Marilee numbered pins to number the rows.
 
 
My sewing marathon started at 6:00 this morning and by the end of my day, I had a completed quilt top.
 
 
This is a great quilt for showcasing those fabrics that you love, but don't want to cut up.  It's pretty easy and a fun, contemporary quilt. I have been wanting to do a yellow and gray quilt and when I saw my friend Ruthie over at http://threadsofmine.blogspot.com/  do this quilt at one of our retreats, I knew I had to have it.  I am not usually a contemporary quilt maker, but I do like this quilt.  It's so light and refreshing. 
 
I think I can see this quilt in Christmas fabrics, too.  But for now, I have way too many other things on my plate to think about that....but you never know!
 
Next.....another baby quilt for my daughter. 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. That is turning out really cute. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt top!
    I like the design - you are right, it really does help showcase those pretty fabrics!
    Congratulations on another wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete