Sunday, September 8, 2013

"Fancy That"....

I had a sewing marathon today.
 
I cut this quilt out a week or so ago.  It's called  Fancy That.
 
Last night I laid out all the pieces to organize the colors.
 
 
Before heading off to bed, I pinned a few of the pieces together along with using my Marilee numbered pins to number the rows.
 
 
My sewing marathon started at 6:00 this morning and by the end of my day, I had a completed quilt top.
 
 
This is a great quilt for showcasing those fabrics that you love, but don't want to cut up.  It's pretty easy and a fun, contemporary quilt. I have been wanting to do a yellow and gray quilt and when I saw my friend Ruthie over at http://threadsofmine.blogspot.com/  do this quilt at one of our retreats, I knew I had to have it.  I am not usually a contemporary quilt maker, but I do like this quilt.  It's so light and refreshing. 
 
I think I can see this quilt in Christmas fabrics, too.  But for now, I have way too many other things on my plate to think about that....but you never know!
 
Next.....another baby quilt for my daughter. 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. That is turning out really cute. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt top!
    I like the design - you are right, it really does help showcase those pretty fabrics!
    Congratulations on another wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...