I have to say...this quilt has been off the rails for a little while and I felt so disappointed with it that I stuck it away. But...I have three quilts that need to go on there like NOW, so I got it back out to put the binding on and it didn't look as bad as I thought.
I used the "popcorn" panto on it. Here is a close up.
I used a busy backing, not only because I liked the fabric, but I thought it would hide any problems that I may have created when quilting it.
I used white Omni thread on this but that was probably because I didn't have anything else here that would go. If I had it to do over again, I might have used yellow or a light/med. gray.
This quilt was a result of seeing someone's b/w/red scrappy quilt and I thought I would make it with my b/w stash. Well, that stash wasn't as big as I thought so I went to a shop that was closing and bought a bunch of black and white fabrics. I CUT THEM ALL UP and sewed them into strips. ...(I don't recommend this). I made a queen-sized b/w/red quilt; this b/w/yellow lap quilt and I have a bag full of b/w strips all sewn together that will wait until I am no longer sick of black and white. I plan on ....in the future...putting those strips together with turquoise or chartreuse. We will see.
So...now on to the three quilts that need to go on the longarm pronto!!!