Sunday, July 21, 2013
The baskets are finally together.
This is not going to be my flattest or most square quilt that I have made.
No matter how I have tried, it's just not doing what it is supposed to do.
I am thinking that with all the homespuns thrown in with the regular cotton fabrics it has kind of thrown this whole quilt out of whack.
But.... I have applied the first 1 1/2" borders to help square it up before I get onto the next steps.
It's probably more square now, but there are still some pooches in there that I am really not happy about. I guess this will be my problem quilt when I get it to the long arm.
Also, got some time in today on the christening gown.
Here it is at 22 rows.
It's taking some concentration with all the yarn overs and what nots, so I am working on it a little at a time. I am hoping because it is a "small" project, that I will be able to get it done without too much delay.
Ok...that's it for me for right now.
Friday, July 19, 2013
....in the fire.
I have my blocks sewn together.
These are just two of the 12.
I have them numbered with my numbered pins so that I know where I wanted them to go.
These pins have really come in handy.
I am in the process of trimming these up and then putting them in rows.
But hey! Apparently this wasn't enough to keep me busy. My DD who is expecting wants a "knitted or crocheted" christening gown.
So, being the wonderful mother and Mimi (grandmother) that I am.....
I am now knitting.
I am going to add a few more lace rows to the bottom of this dress to make it longer.
There just aren't enough hours in a day.
Friday, July 12, 2013
Been working slowly on the basket quilt (Gathering Baskets).
All the handles got stitched down this week (step 3) and I have laid out all the setting triangles
(step 4 started) and will be stitching them down this weekend.
Here it is as it stands for the time being.
and this is only a portion of the quilt.
More to come soon.
Saturday, July 6, 2013
on one of my retreat projects.
The two with the freezer paper handles are the ones that I got done at retreat. I had all the hst made at that time , so the rest of the baskets have been done since being home. First sewing rows of hst together and then in the last two days getting the blocks all sewn together.
Next step is getting the handles on.
Right now the freezer paper is attached. I will trace around them with the white pencil and then cut them out with a 1/4" or less around them and then applique them onto the basket.
From there, I think the rest of the quilt should be easy to put together other than the large applique coxcombs that will be along one of the sides.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...