Sunday, February 10, 2013
Running out of floor space....
I have been on a roll this weekend and have all my strings sewn together, pressed and then cut into segments.
Laid out the first 10 rows of B/W's here and randomly spaced red pieces
Here they are stitched together once I made my decisions.
Still needed to have these 10 rows on the floor so that I could know where the next set of segments should go along with dispersing the red pieces, too.
Here are all 20 rows of which the last 10 rows are not stitched just yet.
I just needed to be able to step away from this to see if the red is evenly spread all over. I am thinking I am ready to stitch the last 10 rows.
Next will be to cut the white strips that will go in between each of these rows.
I am thinking, even though I was complaining about sewing all the strips, that this was a pretty easy project.
I do still have several segments left over, but not as much as I thought (I thought I would get another two queen sized quilts out of all this), but I may get a lap quilt out of what is left. Of course, I could make my sashing strips a little wider than the 2" that I am going to make for this one. We will see. Once this top is done, I will lay out the segments and see just how many there are.
But for now, I am pretty satisfied with what I have accomplished so far.
Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...