Thursday, August 23, 2012

Grand Rapids AQS show

Been feeling down because of the roller coaster I have been on regarding the AQS show in my state.

Got home from work with this in the mail though and gave me a real pick me up. 



These are from my friend, Sandy.  They are serrated scissors for applique. I love them!!!

You can check out Sandy's blog here....

http://sewthisismyblog.blogspot.com/

As for the show.....

Wasn't planning on going as we had a wedding to attend.

Wedding got canceled, so made plans to attend.

Those plans fell through.

Now I am planning on at least going for the day myself. 

I can't wait.  

Check out the link below from the Detroit News.  It's the flash mob of quilters on the first day of the show.  
What fun!!



http://photos.mlive.com/grandrapidspress/2012/08/american_quilters_society_flas_3.html

I may only be going for the day, but I hope to have lots to report when I get back.  

4 comments:

  1. You are so cute!!! Have fun at the show and drive carefully! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my .... those scissors are such a wonderful gift!
    Sorry all your plans have changed several times.
    I hope you have a wonderful day at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! My friend Terry Kramzar won Best Machine Workmanship for her quilt May Apples! Check it out you will like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the show yesterday with my friend Claudette....we met up with Nancy and had a nice afternoon!
    Drove home with the top down (vrooom!).
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...