Don't know why, but this one gave me some trouble, but finally it is a quilt top.
I had ideas of grandeur that this one was going to get all done while at retreat last month, but no way. I did more ripping out on this quilt than any that I can remember.
Maybe it is because I have been in applique mode for so many months and not piecing anything, or maybe at retreat I was just talking and laughing too much. But now I can say that this one is done and is going on the "to be quilted" pile for a little while.
I have thought of buying one of the wovens for the backing, but I did that for my Beyond the Cherry Trees and my quilter said it was very stretchy and took a lot of time to continually smooth it out, so...I am going to have to see what the French General line has to offer. Maybe something from the new line that is coming out will work
Well, I feel good. Now I have promised myself to get to the houndstooth baby quilt and get that top done next....but my daughter has asked for a valance for her kitchen, so maybe that will have to be first. That should be easy enough and then I can get back to my things again.