Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back from retreat....finale

So you don't get sick of hearing about my retreat, this will be my last post on it....but I have to say that I am still reveling in all the inspiration (we had two nights of show and tell), happiness and relaxation that I gleaned from it.  


Here we are all gathered on the spiral staircase.  We stayed at the Mercy Center in St. Louis, MO.  I highly recommend it.  Nice accommodations set on beautiful grounds (although I never do get out to enjoy the grounds because I am having way too much fun inside). 

The second project I worked on while at retreat was a Houndstooth baby quilt in baby blue and white Kona Cotton.




I sewed all my strips and started cutting out one strip at a time, sewed together the row and then would cut out the next.  Time just flies by way too fast, so I will be finishing this one at home. 

I plan on making two more of these.  One will be baby pink and white and the other one like the pattern's picture, charcoal and white. 

I do want to share with you a couple gifts that I made for my car mate and my room mate.

I made the Flapper purse.  I am going to have to make myself one because I think it would be great to carry when you don't want to take everything that you normally carry in your regular purse.  


This one is in rust batiks. 


I love this black one, too.  Very graphic, I think. 

There is a pocket on the outside and two on the inside. 




Great for some cash, credit card, I-phone and I.D.  

Well, that is it until the next time.  Wish you could have all been there.  





1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time at retreat and thanks for sharing the photo. I recognize most of the faces but there are a few that I don't think I know. The purses are wonderful, I love them!

    ReplyDelete