Saturday, April 7, 2012
Beyond the Cherry Tree borders.....
Second border added to the first. (corners are going to be rounded)
Third border was just added to the second, but first I left the vines loose so that I could get them to flow together.....or I thought.
They were way off. So, I looked back at the original antique quilt and they do not meet up, so I stitched them down. Mine seemed to leave a little bit much in the way of a void, so I added one more cherry to fill that spot.
I don't think anyone is going to hold me accountable for one extra cherry to this quilt.
I find is very strange that this vine does not flow all the way around the quilt, but since I am reproducing this quilt pattern as is, that is what I am going to go with.
Wish I knew the story of this quilt. I am thinking that more than one person worked on this quilt what with some very complex blocks and some very simple, some very rustic, some sophisticated and the log cabin style of putting on each of the border sides with each vine just running off the edge. It's certainly not something I would do today, but I have to keep in mind that I am reproducing this quilt and the only liberty I am taking is the fabric choices.
I think it is going to be beautiful when done and people years from now are probably going to be wondering some of the same things I am wondering about the original. Another reason I believe quilts should be labeled.
Ok...on to #4 and then this will be finished....or at least the top will be.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...