Saturday, August 20, 2011
This is #20 in the BOM series. To get caught up I have #21, #22, and #23 to get done and then from what I understand, one of the border patterns is going to be offered next month. There are a lot of cherries in the borders, so I really want to keep up with that so I don't burn out on putting the borders together.
So, on to the next block
Saturday, August 13, 2011
House warming was a huge success. Lots of friends and lots of good food and drinks.
I have started #20 Cherry Tree block.
Next birthday block (fire engine red/tea dyed color tan) is on its way to Maine. Neen, if you see this, happy birthday.
It's, also, that time of year that the hydrangeas are ready to pick and dry, so I told my dear husband that I was decorating the garage. Isn't it lovely? LOL.
He's already asking how long they will be there. Apparently he just doesn't appreciate all the loveliness. LOL.
Gotta get some stitching in tonight. There is a terrible storm abrewing and I don't want to lose my light.
Friday, August 12, 2011
#15 is done! It's been a long time coming and it hasn't been without it's problems. I ended up ripping out a couple pieces and replacing them, I thought I was done....twice....and found I was missing pieces and had to cut out more, but it is DONE now and I am ready to move on to the next one.
Today is my daughter's housewarming. This is the daughter who moved in with us for two months while they worked on getting their house liveable. Most of the rooms are now to where she wants them, so she is having the housewarming to show everyone their progress.
So, I whipped up some artichoke dip to take.
1 can artichoke hearts
1 c. mayonaise (not miracle whip)
1 c. parmesian cheese
add: garlic sale and oregan (or Adobo Criollo) to taste
1 onion (small) chopped
Mix altogether: Place in microwave uncovered on high for 7-10 minutes.
Also, whipped up some
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 can fiesta corn drained
1 can black beans drained
2 firm avocados chopped
1 med. red onion chopped
4 med. tomatoes (gutted and chopped)
1 pkg. Zesty Italian dry seasoning
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. vinegar
pinch of garlic salt
Mix and serve with corn chips....yum!!
Also, got this book in the mail.
I want to make the jewelry rolls that are in this book.
Then the best thing of the day came in the mail.
This is my third featherweight (I figure I have two daughters who will inherit my other two). It came with all the fixin's, too.
My hope is to pick the one that is in the worse shape (although all three look pretty good) and have my husband sandblast it to death and have it painted in candy apple red. I was hoping he would find one that was so badly chipped that no one would want it, but seems everyone out in Ebay land wants them all.
So, I will keep you updated on the progress of the "candy apple red" featherweight, the next Cherry Tree block and the success of the housewarming.
Now to get ready to party!
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Over at my sister blog....Beyond the Cherry Trees (http://beyondthecherrytree.blogspot.com/), Sharon has suggested that those of us who are working on this block of the month show all of our blocks together at whatever point we are. The idea was to help keep us motivated since the end of the BOM is drawing near.
I have 18 blocks completed. There are 25 in total with a very involved border that has LOTS of cherries.
I have one that is almost done and I think 3 or 4 that I am behind in. Seeing them altogether definitely motivates me to get caught up and stay caught up. I want this quilt really bad.
Anyways, keep checking back at Beyond the Cherry Trees blog as there hopefully will be many more participants sharing their progress.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
I have been lax when it comes to working on my Cherry Tree blocks and I am behind, but one of the things holding me back on this block (#15) was how I wanted to do this layered flower that was front and center on this block. The last thing I wanted was to have five layers to the flower and then have to stitch it to a background that consisted of a vase AND the background of the block. (I managed to only have two layers to the flower)
Well, I have ruminated long enough and came up with this little tutorial on how I managed to get this flower done so that I can complete the block. I have posted the whole tutorial over at the Cherry Tree blog here..... http://beyondthecherrytree.blogspot.com/
It's been busy around here lately. There are four quilts that needed sleeves and labels as I will be entering them into our local qu...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...