Saturday, January 29, 2011
working on the wedding quilt...
Had to do a lot of cutting of strips.
Cut them to size
Make some small segments.
Sew them together to make the block segments.
Then sew some sections together to make some more blocks.
So progress has been made; and it's starting to reveal just what it is going to look like. I do look at that piles of strips and wonder if I have enough to make two of these quilts! Makes it a little hard when you aren't going by a "quilt" pattern and only a "block" pattern. So, we will see.
It would be so much easier to make this quilt in only three fabrics. This working scrappy is making it a much more tedious process, but well worth it.
Also, thought you might be interested to know that I contacted the company regarding my "moldy" applique glue.
Her first remark to me was "horrors!". She had never heard of that, but the good thing is that she is sending me a new bottle. I am going to date that bottle; and while I am using it for my Cherry Trees blocks, I will see if or when and how long it takes it to do that again. Thanks to those who suggested I contact them.
Ok...back to working on the quilt.
My husband built me some shelves for the "stash" closet so that I no longer have to stack all my large Rubbermaids on top of eac...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...