Skip to main content

Coming to life.....

Just laying out the "large"(and I do say that with tongue in cheek) cherries onto the block, I can see this block coming to life.  Who would have thought that these little large cherries would make such a difference?

Here are the circle templates used to create the two different sized cherries.

They are SMALL!!!  Large and small....are small. 

This pile consists of the smaller cherries.

Now that all the cherries are stitched down, there is some embroidery that needs to be done for some of the thin stems attaching some of the cherries to the larger stems. 

I do have to admit that doing a quilt like this, it is so less daunting when doing it as a BOM or the sheer number of cherries, or the number of leaves would just make you want to run the other way; but in the end, I think I may have a very beautiful  quilt that will be desired by one of my children...hopefully!

So, I am going to get to that embroidery and the next time you see this block, it will be DONE!!!


  1. The last photo put a smile on my face....Just love how cute they look!

  2. What a difference those berries made to this block. I can't wait to see it finished.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checkerboard quilt

One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017.

I got this pattern from a blog called The Painted Quilt .  If you go to her blog and  under the free patterns go to "Stopped Me In My Tracks" quilt,  you can have the pattern, too.  
I did get this one quilted today using the Easy Peasy Baptist Fan pantograph.

Personally, I wish I owned the Circle Lord  mechanism that I could attach to my Millenium that would have given me "perfect" arcs, but once I finished the whole quilt, I am pretty pleased with the end results.  
I had purchased a big gingham check in yellow and white for the backing.

It's not a perfect match to the front which is done in Kona daffodil and a creamy white, but the whole quilt speaks Spring/Summer, warmth, brightness to me; and here in Michigan with our sub zero weather right now, that sounds really good to me.  
Anyways, I am hoping to get the binding attached tomorrow (New Year's Eve…

Disappearing Hourglass

This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake.  I did some research on-line looking for something to make with a layer cake.
I have discussed the whole process of making the disappearing hourglass here.
A couple fabrics were added to get enough blocks to get my 6 x 7 blocks and then I ordered another April Cornell fabric for the main border.
I added a small white border to finish off the outside of the blocks.

Then the deep periwinkle fabric was used for the outer border and one of the blocks, too. 

The top is complete.

A green dot fabric was purchased for the backing.

I put it on the longarm and I used another new-to-me panto called Venice.

It looks great on the fabric, too.  

Binding is the same as the final border.
The quilt is complete, binding and all.

Another finish.....yeah!!!

First project for 2018 is complete.....

Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so.
The first one completed is my yellow checkerboard quilt. The binding was machine stitched on the day before surgery with the idea that I would hand stitch it down after.  
So, here is #1 for 2018.

Not much yellow thread to spare, but sure glad I had yellow at all.  
There are a couple knit projects to work on; and if I feel like sitting in front of the sewing machine, I have some blocks that need to be put into a top, but we will see.
For now, I am healing and just glad there are things to keep me occupied if the need arises. 

Happy Quilting!