Friday, April 30, 2010
2 and 3 out of 4
Giddiness is starting to creep up from my toes!
I have diligently been working on ripping and restitching my scallops. Had to remove two from the second border, release a couple ends on two of the other scallops and then add the fifth and sixth scallops to complete the second border. Here is the result of now having border #1 and # 2 onto the center of the quilt.
Then I only had to remove one scallop, release a couple ends and then add the fifth and sixth scallops to complete the third border. I did fudge a little on this border, so each scallop is not exactly in its allotted 9 23/25" space. But, oh well, who is going to come along and measure, just as long as it fits the side of my quilt.
I now have a nice space for my cornerstone scallop. Still have not laid out that particular scallop. I am not ready to find out that it might not fit, but at this stage of the game, I am sure I can work something out if it doesn't.
I am running out of space on the floor to lay this quilt out. I think once the last border is on (which I hope will be real soon) I will have to get dear husband to hold it up for pictures, then again, maybe his arms aren't long enough. We'll see; but here you can see all three borders.
Ok, I am off to start working on #4 border. I'll be back soon.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...