Saturday, April 24, 2010

1 out of 4....

Yeah!  The first border is finished and attached to the top of the quilt.  Three more to go.


I only had to remove one of the scallops totally, and loosen up just a couple of the tips to squeeze them into their allotted space and then add the two outside scallops. 


Now if the next three borders go this well, I will have this top done in no time at all.
I am just posting a couple close-ups.  Can you tell I am excited?


Also, today I went to the Eastern Market with my daughter and her family.  I just had to take a picture of this sign because I loved the "No Grumpy People" rule.  Wish I could have gotten the kids to stand still long enough to get a good picture. 



We picked up nearly 30 lbs of asparagus today, so we will be canning that tomorrow morning and making spicy hot asparagus.  Gotta do that first before I can get to the next border.  Can't wait. 

5 comments:

  1. Glad to k now it's all coming together. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....I love this quilt and good for you getting it out and finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. This is my year to get many UFO's and WIP's cleaned up and moved along to the finished stages. I've only started one new project this year and I've signed up for a new block swap. Pretty good for the end of April! Can't wait to see this all finished and bound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on getting the border done. You SHOULD be excited!

    And those boys are cute even if they don't stand still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness it's not as big a task as you thought it was going to be. If the other three sides go as well as the first, maybe you can get it finished this week and send it on to the quilter. Oh wait a minute.....I forgot...... you might be hand quilting this one.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...