Sunday, March 14, 2010

Starting block #6

The pattern for block #6 was posted a couple days early, but I waited until I had my Painted Daisy quilt and the toile quilt all ready for the quilter.  Tops are done and backing and batting are sewn and cut out respectively. 

I have the pattern printed and transferred to a master sheet for placement and just chose all my fabrics for each piece of the pattern.  There are a lot of pieces to this block.

I am in the process of cutting out each piece.


Next step will be to use a chalk pencil to draw the seam lines and then place each piece onto the background.  I am excited to work on each block and then anxious for the next one; but for now....it's time to get to stitching.

Happy stitching everyone!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like another beautiful block. Knowing you, it's probably half done already. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! You need to share your method one of these days. Do you take that freezer paper off before you stitch?

    It's gonna be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire someone who does applique. I just cant get into it. But it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...