Friday, April 3, 2009

It's been an up and down kind of day....

It's been cold and rainy here in Michigan. Sure wish Spring would come and stay.


There were numerous things to do today. Had to pick up extra tiles and grout for #2 bathroom remodel (which hasn't started as we are not done with #1 bathroom remodel just yet). Did go and pick up the toilet, sink and fixtures for #1 remodel, so dear hubby just has a little plumbing to do, I need to paint and then we can get it all together....soon. So, that was a good thing. Pix coming soon.

Also, made arrangements to take the Crows in the Corner quilt to the quilter tomorrow. I just need to trim away some of the excess fabric in the back where I did reverse applique.


Now one of my downers today was taking the aqua sweater I have been working on into the yarn shop. The front and the back didn't match colorwise even though I used the same dye lots. This is what I get for working on too many projects at once. I wasn't paying attention from one side to the other. See for yourself.



What I found out was that this happens with hand dyes. Sure wish I had known that before I got so far, but the alteratives that the gal at the yarn shop gave me were #1 to just go ahead and sew them together (NOT!), #2 rip out the one side that I have the least of (my favorite side), as I have three skeins that are working up the same as the least favorite side and use the lighter one for the arms because there is a different stitch there and it may "hide" the fact that it is lighter, or #3 rip it all out and then use the lighter yarn alternating it with the brighter yarn throughout the body. Guess what I chose? Here's the after pic.



I did manage to save two rows on my needles. Pathetic...huh?

Then my real high for the day was running over to the quilt shop, Quilt'n'Friends, because my friend Nancy said they had a lot of black and tan prints that I have been hunting for to use in my applique quilt. Well....I came away with a pretty good stash to work on this quilt. Can't wait to get back to it.





Hope you all had a great day; and hopefully your weather is a whole lot more "Spring-like" than we have here.

1 comment:

  1. The blacks and creams are gorgeous. That is going to be a beautiful quilt. Remind me NOT to buy hand dyed yarn. Good grief--who knew!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...