Ok....made some headway and got the center block finished for this quilt. Just need to trim it down to size and then add my pieced blocks that have been waiting patiently for me to get busy on the applique for this quilt. Once they are on, I can cut the borders and then I have similar leaves, stems and crows to applique to two corners.
I am feeling like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this quilt.
I dug out the pieced blocks that I made a few months ago and laid them out around my center block. The little white pieces of paper are placement notes.
If you recall, I made a small top with the leftover half square triangles from this quilt( see February 2 post). Using the Quilt in a Day half square triangle ruler, you get 8 half square triangles (hst) at once. These blocks only required 6, thus the extra 2 from each of these blocks. This quilt top is predominantly pink and brown with a little splash of green in it. I think it is looking pretty good and I am really getting excited about it now.
Now to sew them together and then I can cut the borders. I'm moving on!!!!
Appliques from the Bed Turning
33 minutes ago