Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Page 96......


Well, here is what has become the next step in winning the Grand Prize for the 3rd annual Online Quilt Contest for AQS (American Quilter's Society). My quilt is in the March edition of the American Quilter. It's on page 96. The subtitle in the magazine is incorrect, but that's ok....I've won grand prize and I have that prize sitting in my sewing room calling my name to get busy and use it. I've named her "Ellie Faye" and she is an Elna.








I wrote about a great group of ladies that encouraged me to submit my quilt for this contest. I can't remember the year, but it was a few years ago that several people were on a message board (MB) on TV personality/quilter, Alex Anderson's site. When that site shut down, one of our own and her dear hubbie, daughter and son-in-law started up another message board where many of us still come together to share projects, family, happiness, sadness and whatever pops into our heads. Several gals from this group meet once a year somewhere in the middle of the United States for a big quilt fest what we call RIM (retreat in the middle). We quilt, chat, eat, shop, etc. until we drop....almost. But best of all, we get to meet face to face the people that we have made "friends" with AND we do some great charity work, too, for one of the local hospitals making what we call "love covers" for preemies and incubator covers amongst other charitable acts. It's the best time and we all love each other a bunch.

Also, offered up to me is a free, multi-day pass for the BIG quilt show in Paducah, KY this April and I am going to do all that I can to get off work so that I can attend and see my quilt hung up there with 100s of other beautiful quilts.

Well, I hear my name being called by Ellie Faye. So, I will keep you updated on all the latest as it happens. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting thing it is to see your quilt in a national publication. You must be bubbling over with joy. The quilt looks as beautiful in print as it does in person. Congratulations Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congrats again,F. I actually know a famous person now!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...