Saturday, December 27, 2008

Is it Spring yet?

Well, at least that is how I felt when I got up this morning. We are getting 52 degree weather today after living in what has felt like arctic weather here in Michigan. This good weather (even though it is raining) is only going to last for a day before it goes back to arctic temperatures. I do have to say though that we got to enjoy a beautiful "white" Christmas.


Thought it was time to get back into the sewing room now that all the festivities have died down. I have plenty of things to choose from where projects are concerned. First off I decided to pick up a box of blocks that have been sewn into rows since I think September. I now have all 21 rows sewn together and am thinking of making a couple more rows before deciding if I am going to put a border on this quilt or not. This project came about because I had won a "tower" of Strawberries and Lemonade fabric while at my St. Louis, MO retreat back in June of 2008. I am hoping to get this project done for the 2009 retreat.







Secondly, I decided to get out my Hearts and Hands pattern and cut out a bunch of pieces from freezer paper. The fabric stack of beautiful fabrics that Nancy gave me for Christmas will be used for this hand applique project and I am looking forward to picking out which fabrics go where.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...