Monday, October 17, 2022

My Reveal.....finally. (photo heavy)

This quilt top has been done for a very long time......years, in fact.  It was first put on the pile to be quilted by someone else and I wanted it to be custom.  
(found my previous post on the finishing this top here. )

Then I got my own long arm back in 2013, so my excuse then was I have to wait until I felt good enough to do a good custom job on this.

If I were to guess, I would have said that it was from 2012; but one of my blocks proved me wrong and you will see why.  

Anyways, custom always feels daunting, but as I do for my customers, you just have to put the quilt on the frame and take it once chunk (or block) at a time.  Below you will see a blow-by-blow for each block.   I do have to say that I feel very proud of myself.  Is it perfect?, probably not; but I am very happy with it.  

Bead board, feathers and free hand for the borders.























I did take it off the frame at one point to turn it to finish the last two borders.  I know many say you can do your borders at any angle, but I felt more comfortable doing them width wise.  
So, all-in-all, this one was on the frame a total of 7 days.....working a couple blocks a day.

Surprisingly, I found the binding that I cut umpteen years ago and applied it machine and hand stitching.  


All loose threads have been trimmed and now I can call this one finished!

This is my 

Home Sweet Home



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...