Monday, April 19, 2021

Black and White De-Stash.....

 I now ask myself "what were you thinking?" when I decided to use up all my black and white fabrics.  I guess I was just trying to make a dent in my stash and it appeared that the black and white department seemed do-able at the time.  Little did I know that we've all heard, scraps multiply in the dark and you end up with more than you started out with...or so it seems.  

I just took the third black and white scrap quilt off my longarm.  The good thing about it though is that I finally used up ALL of my segments that were sewn together in this bag that lived in the closet.  I did this one at the last retreat that I attended and even had to borrow just a couple pieces to complete the piecing.  

For this quilt, I added a pop of turquoise.  I found this pattern in a magazine and it required 3 1/2" strips of scraps ......EXACTLY what I had in my bag, so it was the perfect choice.  I quilted this one with the Bubbles panto in turquoise So-Fine thread top and bottom.  




I fell in love with this Tula Pink fabric and couldn't pass it up for the backing.  It has a few pops of color and just lent itself to be the backing for this quilt.  


The quilt I did previous to this one thinking this would finally use up all my fabrics (which we now  know it did not) is my black and white with a yellow pop.  





The first quilt that inspired me to cut up all my blacks and white fabrics in the first place was this one with the red pop to it.  I called this one my Chinese Coins and quilted it in Turbulence.  I actually did not have enough black and white fabric and ended up buying more ......which apparently I bought way too much



Yikes, I quilted this one in December of 2014!

 Obviously, as you know now, I had an enormous amount of black and white fabric left over after doing this quilt.  But, hey!  Now that it is all said and done, I am happy that I did it.  


Unfortunately, I have restarted collecting black and white fabrics.  But that's the way of stash building, but the plan is NOT to do this again.  Although, another one made out of chartreuse would look great or maybe orange.  Just kidding!  I have no plans to do this again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...